To give feedback/amends on BugHerd, firstly add the BugHerd extension to your browser:
When installed you can then give amends and feedback whilst looking at the website/webpages – its super simple to use, just select the type of feedback you want to give:
- Feedback on a specific part or element on a web page
- Feedback on the entire page, or
- Video feedback
How to give feedback on a specific part of the page:
- On the BugHerd sidebar, click the plus (+) button.
- Click on the website where you want to leave feedback. A new task box appears.
- Type your feedback in the box and click Create Task. Your feedback is saved and a pin appears on the webpage.
- If you want to edit your feedback, click the pin where you left feedback. The details of the task slide out from the sidebar.
- To view all the feedback you’ve given, click All Tasks in the sidebar. A complete list of feedback you’ve created appears. You may also be able to see tasks created by others.
How to give video feedback:
- On the BugHerd sidebar, click the video button.
- Click to allow microphone permissions for audio recording.
- Click to accept screen recording. If you don’t accept screen sharing or screen recording, you won’t be able to use the video feedback feature.
- Select whether you want to record your screen, a window or a specific tab of the browser.
- Select which screen you want to record. BugHerd enables you to record interactions on your screen. Note that you can’t move to a different page without stopping the recording.
- BugHerd also gives you a one-minute countdown timer to help you stay concise.
- When you’re finished, click Stop Recording.
- The Create Task window appears, confirming the screen recording has been captured successfully.
- Add any additional information you want in the Task Details window.
- Click Create Task to save your video feedback.
If you have any difficulties using BugHerd ask your PM and we can talk you through it 🙂
The full guide for this article can be read here.