If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that 2020/21 has shaken up the kaleidoscope for the way companies have conducted business. From the local bakery to Premier League football clubs, Covid-19 has forced organisations to quickly come up with solutions to obstacles they could never have foreseen.
It has to be said, most have reacted quite remarkably, and some have adopted new ways of working that they intend to keep doing when all this is over.
One such change has been the switch to a more flexible workforce. Whether it’s because of fluctuating supply or demand or the simple fact of not being allowed to share a work space, businesses of all kinds have had to re-think the nine-to-five, office-based structure.
In fairness, this is a process that has been in the offing for at least a decade, as online collaborative applications have made working from home more common. But social distancing turned it from a nice-to-have to business-critical overnight.
White label developers: what are they?
What does this have to do with white label development? Well, those of us in the sector have been championing the practice since long before it became a necessity. Our clients were already persuaded about the benefits of outsourcing some or all of their dev work, and we’ve listed some of the reasons in the next section.
Essentially, a white label developer is like hiring a whole team of freelancers, but only paying for the ones that are relevant to your needs. At Gooey, for example, we have a team of developers with years of experience in specific aspects of web development, be it in the main CMS and e-commerce platforms or the coding that makes the web work, such as HTML, Java, PHP, CSS, Python and SQL.
Clearly, unless your business is large and wholly based around a website that’s regularly updated, hiring a team with all these skills simply wouldn’t be economically viable. Forming a relationship with a white label developer gives you all the benefits of having an in-house team, but at a fraction of the cost.
Benefits of white-label developers
The main benefits of using a white label development team like Gooey’s are as follows:
- You don’t have to hire development teams on long contracts – you just pick and choose when you need dev work doing
- You can draw on specific expertise for one-off tasks, for example WordPress, Magento or email HTML
- If you’re a developer, your clients never need to know you’ve outsourced the work – as a silent partner we have strict rules on discretion
- All work we carry out belongs to you and we provide all the information and annotation another developer would need if they were to pick up the work at a later date. This is useful if you eventually hire an in-house team or choose a different white label developer – we get it, this happens!
- You can take our services off the shelf, or form long-term collaborative relationships with us